Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Yep, its really Tuesday already.

So, had a long day. Went grocery shopping at Aldis. Over $300 seems like a lot, but, really, it lasts almost all month for myself and 4 children,and we eat well to say the least. I hope everyone had as productive as a day as I had!!! Which by the way leads us to Tuesdays scheduled episode of mamma stuff, time management, and all that good stuff.

I would like to start this series out with a very important fact. A drink at 9 pm makes the whole day better. Ok, got that out of the way. Dinner was lasagna. I had myself, my 4 children, my oldest boys girlfriend, my neighbor, her husband anbd her 3 kids. You might ask how i fed all those people lasagna and fresh made garlic bread all by 7 pm and still had homework done by 8:30? Let me tell you how!!!

Next time you see a large lasagna in the fozen (and a really big one at that) for $10, grab it!!!!!! NO, its NOT home made lasagna, BUT, it costs less than the ingredients to make it fresh. You pop it in the oven for 2 hours while you are catching up on housework and stuff for the kids. The last half hour it is cooking, cut your Italian bread in half, set it aside....... take 2 softened stick of butter, real minced garlic, about 5 cloves. Put the butter and garlic in a large bowl and mix on high for about 3 minutes. Smear a darn good amount of it on your bread. By the time you are done with that, its almost time to pull the lasagna out. Put the bread in the oven for about 25 minutes. You have got yourself one darn good affordable meal. I fed 10 people, yes, 10 people for $12. Not only was it affordable, it was timely, I could get things done while it was cooking, and everyone loves it!!!!!!!

That was your friendly time management tip for the day!!!

Be sure to tune in tomorrow for a yarn candy pic and info on an Etsy store:) Who will it be? What will it look like? Welp, you will just have to come and see tomorrow!!!!!!!

Tata for now:)

1 comment:

  1. Very cool, good job! :0) It must have been fun to have so many people over plus your 4 boys. I have 2 boys myself. I like your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message after the beep....... BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP